In today’s world of instant information, many businesses have shifted their attention to what’s being said about them in the digital space.
While online review sites like Yelp and social platforms like Facebook are a fast way of sharing positive (and equally negative) experiences, it’s easy to forget about the power of referrals. This simple concept costing a fraction of your expenditure can break through the clutter and quickly fast track new business.
So, do you have a customer referral program in place, and if so, are you using it in the most effective way?
Why not consider these customer referral tips to fast-track new business?
1. Ask your existing customers if they know of anyone who could benefit from your services.
Make them aware of any products or services they might not already know about.
2. Provide incentives for referrals such as vouchers and gifts. Make sure both the referrer and referee benefit from the rewards.
3. Conduct surveys of customers to see out how they found your business. If they were referred to you, see if you can find out who made the referral and contact them to say thank you. Consider offering a reward to show your appreciation.
4. Create valuable content on your website and ask your followers to share it with others if they
find it valuable.
5. Include a ‘referrals appreciated’ (or rewarded) line in your emails.
6. Network with other businesses both online (on platforms like LinkedIn) and offline, asking for referrals and offering to do the same for them.
7. Social media can provide your business with some very low-cost or free marketing opportunities; make use of it and invite followers to share your website content, campaigns and special offers with their online contacts.
Bartercard Australia has 24,000 members world-wide who can help you attract new customers and conserve cash in your business.
What more tips like these? Download our FREE eBook Why every business should have a customer referral program.